Saturday, February 12, 2011

Little Details


This photo is one of my all-time favorites. I love so many things about it, I wouldn't know where to begin. I love what you first see about this picture- a father kissing his little girl. But I also see the moments before, where he sweeps her up off the floor and hugs her. I imagine her laughs of surprise (from the box on the counter, it looks like she was helping put groceries away). I love the fact that his eyes are closed and hers are open. I love how she is tiny enough to be held with such ease. I love her nightgown because that means this picture was taken in the evening, which means he probably just got home from work and his children are all excited to see him. I love how her feet are in the picture, that just 'makes' the picture for me. And by the looks of her dirty feet, I have a feeling it is summertime. I imagine sounds of crickets and grasshoppers are coming from the window behind them. I think about how, later, she'll fall asleep on the couch listening to those sounds. 
I love all the little details.

No comments:

Post a Comment